January’s cold temperatures and biting winds can be unkind to your skin, which is why it’s important you take extra measures to look after your complexion at this time of year. After all, your skin is your biggest organ, so it makes sense to take care of it!
If, like me, you already have a dry and sensitive complexion, then I suggest you fend off the winter weather with a few of the products below – they’ll do a great job of protecting, soothing and nourishing your skin during the winter months.
Body Wash & Lotion
- E45 Silky Radiance Body Lotion. E45 products help soothe dry skin and ailments such as eczema. This light lotion is absorbed quickly and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. Available to buy from Boots for £3.99.
- Dove Winter Care Nourishing Body Lotion and Winter Care Cream (Limited Edition). Both these products do a great job of soothing rough and dry skin. I applied the cream to my psoriasis and it actually helped! The lotion costs £3.99, the cream costs £3.29, and both are available to buy from Boots.
- Dove Creme Mousse Body Wash. As the name suggests, this body wash has a thick, foamy texture that feels luxurious when massaged into your skin. Available from Boots for £3.71.
- Cosmecology Paris Nutri Skin Nourishing Facial Cream. This cream has a nice consistency and contains shea butter, an ingredient which really helps nourish dry skin.
- Equally good is Cosmecology Paris’ Hydra Skin Hydrating Face Cream containing aloe vera. Find out more about eco-beauty brand Cosmecology Paris and all its products at cosmecology.com. (Stockist: 0800590094)
- Tara Walker’s Dream Radiance Enhancing Creme. A light substance with a firming effect, this creme gives your complexion an instant touch of radiance. It settles well, brightens your skin and makes the surface of your face look matte rather than shiny.I like it’s cute pink packaging, too! The creme is available to buy from tarawalkersdream.com for £59 per 50ml.
- Guinot Baume Levres Confort Lip Balm. Tis the season for chapped lips, so make sure you apply plenty of this lip balm before facing the elements. Based on shea butter, the balm contains avocado extract and is available to buy for £12.15 from guinot.co.uk.
- Blistex’ Moisture Max is another nice. pocket-friendly lip balm. It contains deliciously soft melting moisture beads and is available at Boots for only £2.49.
- Murad Soothing Skin Lip and Cuticle Care. This multi-purpose product will make a nifty little addition to your handbag. I like the fact that you can use it on your cuticles too as mine always get chapped and sore at this time of year. I’ve used the product on my cuticles just twice and they already feel noticeably softer and smoother.
- Australian Bush Flowers Love System Intensive Hand Cream is handbag friendly, non-greasy and super soothing. The hand cream contains a variety of flower essences including sundew and fringed violet. Available to buy from ausflowers.com.
- LCN Sensitive Guard Hand Cream contains extracts from the prickly pear and vitamins A, E and F, all of which help prevent skin irritations and sooth irritated skin. Available for £8.10 from beautyconcepts.co.uk.
- Natio Meditate Hand Cream is gorgeous! It contains extracts of Aloe, Sweet Almond, Jojoba and Jasmine Attar. Its sumptuous size means it isn’t portable, but it’ll sit nicely in your showerroom. Available from Tesco for £10.50.