Last weekend we had an incredible wedding at Claridges in London. We had one of our favourite videographers take a behind the scenes video of the set up.
You can see from the video (below) that a lot of work goes into a single event. I can give you tips on working with specific vendors, but today I’m giving you a fire round of wedding planning tips for managing vendors in the run up to the wedding and on the wedding day:
Fire Round Wedding Tip
1. Contact all your vendors at least two weeks in advance of the wedding to confirm details, delivery/arrival times, collection/departure times, logistics, meals required and dietary requirements. At this time, provide them with information about venue access time, parking, and collection times.
2. Create a Table in a word document with all your vendor contact details and information. I like to have 5 columns; the first column for the vendor category, the second for arrival time, third for departure time, fourth for details such as what they’re bring and where they’re to be place, and fifth contact name and details. If you don’t have a wedding planner, give this document to a trusted bridesmaid and your venue in case there are problems on the day
3. Send your itinerary to each vendor in advance of the wedding. This will ensure they know what’s happening at what times so they can be in position when required. For an itinerary template, write a comment below and I’ll email you with my professional template
4. Let vendors know who the main contact is on the wedding day. If it’s your wedding planner then make sure they have her/his number. If it’s the venue then give them a mobile number for your contact. Vendors will look to one person for key moments throughout the day and when they have questions. There needs to be one leader
5. Make sure there is a room where vendors can rest and eat. Vendors are working hard to make your day seamless and perfect so providing them with food and sit down space will give you extra smiley vendors!
6. Contact your again two days before the wedding to double check everything is ready to go. Make sure you have the mobile numbers for all vendors as they won’t be reachable on their office phone
Happy Wedding Day!
Click on the link below and let me know what you think!
VIDEO: Claridge’s Ballroom 05|05|12. Password, if required: erika