As the world is saying a massive congratulations to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge upon the arrival of the Royal baby, we can’t help but draw reference to how radiant Kate looked upon presenting her bundle of joy to the crowds for the first time, – despite only giving birth under 24hours ago!
Kate greeted the crowds in a cornflower polka dot blue Jenny Packham dress, and if you want to join in the celebrations and emulate her style, here are some of the high street’s best summertime spotted numbers.
1) Dorothy Perkins, Blue spot godet flare dress, £35. 2) River Island, Blue polka dot cut out playsuit, £25. 3) Reiss, Myrtle pin print dress, £67. 4) Closet at House of Fraser, Big spot cross over dress, £25. 5) Dickins and Jones at House of Fraser, Ladies spot print jersey dress, £45.50.
As Kate christened the ‘Royal Princess’ cruise liner in Southampton yesterday, she opted for a gorgeous Hobbs Monochrome leopard print mac, £169 teamed with black mid-heels and a black fascinator.
Animal print is a massive trend this S/S 13, so, if you’re inspired by Kate’s outfit, check out our pick of the top five animal print dresses currently available on the high street.
1) River Island, Brown leopard print waisted T-Shirt dress, £15. 2) Dorothy Perkins, Animal stud smock dress, £22. 3) Wallis, Animal print petite dress, £38. 4) Mango at House of Fraser, Animal print dress in Black, £34.99. 5) Oasis, Animal print pencil dress, £55.
As the Kate-Effect continues to diversify into accessories and footwear, we’ve chosen five of the high street’s best Kate style nude mid-heels, and gorgeous clutches, as to get you accessorizing your outfits just like the Duchess!
1) New Look, Nude suedette mid heel court shoe, £12.99. 2) Marks and Spencer, Nude stiletto, mid heel court shoe, £15. 3) Nine West at Debenhams, Nude applaud mid heel shoe, £95. 4) Mary Portas & Clarks at House of Fraser, La Chan tilly court shoe, £79.99. 5) Dune, Aleen plain round toe medium court, £59.
1) Monsoon, Chiffon bow clutch, £20. 2) Accessorize, Amy clutch, £25. 3) River Island, Cream deco metal embellished clutch bag, £28. 4) Untold at House of Fraser, clutch bag, £35.40. 5) Dune, Bashment metal caged clutch bag, £99.
The Duchess is famous for her nude mid-heels, and this week she took the look a step further by opting for a nude coloured dress made by her own personal dressmaker, as she visited the Hampshire children’s hospice.
Nude tones are often considered quite a scary look to pull off due to the possibility of looking a little washed out, but for the fearless amongst you, we’ve chosen five of the high street’s best nude numbers to help you to steal Kate’s style!
1) Warehouse, Bow back soft jacquard dress, £65. 2) French Connection, Denise crepe dress, £101. 3) New Look, Cameo rose oatmeal crochet waist dress, £19.99. 4) Oasis, cutout punched leather dress, £140. 5) Dorothy Perkins, Nude lace top chiffon dress, £28.
Kate Middleton showed off her love for the high street once more by opting for a Black and white spotted Topshop dress, as she toured the Warner Bros. Studios today.
Polka dotted numbers are always great pieces to have in your wardrobe, as it’s a look that transcends all seasons, – no matter if it’s officially a trend or not! Kate’s dress was a steal at just £38 and we’ve gone and done even better. Here’s some of our favourite spotty numbers off of the high street with most costing even less that the Duchess’!
1) Dorothy Perkins, Spot fit and flare dress, £22.50. 2) Mela Loves London at House of Fraser, Polka dot dress, £16.50. 3) New Look, White and navy polka dot belted tea dress, £22.99. 4) Uttam Boutique at Yumidirect, Polka dot tea dress, £45. 5) H&M, Polka dot dress, £24.99.
Last night, the Duchess opted for a duck egg blue Emilia Wickstead cocktail dress, as she attended an engagement at the National Portrait gallery. Pastel tones are a big trend this SS/13, and the perfect tone of choice to wear in the recent sunshine!
If you’re looking for an outfit for your own special event, then, why not emulate Kate’s look? Here’s a range of gorgeous dresses in a plethora of pastel blue hues, and at prices to fit all budgets.
1) Dorothy Perkins, Aqua spot jacquard prom dress, £28.80. 2) Yumi, Blue green floral printed belt dress, £54.99. 3) House of Fraser, Ice blue floral embroidered shift dress, £149. 4) Reiss, Panelled fitted dress soft blue, £169. 5) Balenciaga at Matches, Crepe cache coeur dress, £775.
As the sun shone yesterday, the Duchess of Cambridge opted for a winter floral patterned dress, as she attended a school in Wilmslow. Darker floral tones make for the perfect transitional palette, as to ease you into your summer time wardrobe. If you love her £1,065 silk number look, then, you’ll love these dusky floral pieces that we’ve managed to find for you on the high street!
1) Warehouse, Floral print wrap dress, £36. 2) French Connection, Lily skater dress, £110. 3) Whistles, Bella tropical print dress, £155. 4) Topshop, Flower shift dress by Love, £32. 5) Dorothy Perkins, Black floral belted dress, £32.
As a pregnant Kate Middleton and her husband Price William stepped out together as to visit the Child Bereavement UK charity in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire on Tuesday, all eyes were on her cute Peter Pan collar dress, which showed off her tiny baby bump!
The white collared, black mid-length dress is from high street retailer Topshop, and perhaps the Duchess snapped it up when she was photographed shopping at their London flagship earlier this month. There are plenty of takes on the Peter Pan dress available upon the high street, and here are some of our favourites as to help you to steal Kate’s look.
(Above, from left to right)
1) Hobbs at John Lewis, Coco collared dress, £189
2) H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams, faux leather collared shirt dress, £32
3) Marc by Marc Jacobs at Farfetch.com, beaded collar dress, £194.
(Above, from left to right)
4) ASOS, Swing dress with Peter Pan collar, £25
5) AX Paris, Peter Pan collar playsuit, £14.99
6) Little White Lies at UO, floral collar dress, £90.
On Tuesday, the Duchess of Cambridge visited Grimsby, as to visit the town’s Fishing Heritage Centre, and in order to see first-hand the work that The Prince’s Trust is doing in order to reduce Youth Unemployment in the area.
Despite the warm spring day, pregnant Kate decided to wrap up in her staple chestnut brown Celeste wool coat from Hobbs, which we’ve seen her wear a few times before, such as when she visited Liverpool last February. The Hobbs’ leather belted waist and cuff detailed number tucked away a patterned dress from Great Plains, and she completed the look with black suede court shoes, a matching clutch bag, and a pair of Annoushka gold and pearl drop earrings.
Now, despite the fact that the weather’s getting warmer and there shouldn’t be any need as to invest into a new coat, British weather is just so temperamental, so, here’s our pick of some Hobbs-esque coats for all budgets.
1) Budget Buy
Dorothy Perkins’ textured frock coat, £40
2. Treat Yourself
Four Seasons’ original long fashion coat, Vicuna, reduced to £199 at John Lewis
3)Make an Investment
MaxMara’s long neutral coat with detachable hood, £1,425 available at Harrods.
This coming Sunday 17th March marks yet another St Patrick’s Day, and if you’re planning on celebrating in style, then, why not take some inspiration from the Duchess’ enviable fashion sense?
Green is always the ordre du jour for this occasion, and one of Kate’s most glamorous and memorable gowns has to be her floor length emerald Alexander McQueen number that she wore as to present Olympic cyclist, Bradley Wiggins with the title of the nation’s favourite sportsman at the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year Awards back in December.
So, for all of you looking to emulate this look minus the thousands of pounds price tag, Hello! Online has picked out five Kate inspired dresses to help you to do just that.
1. ISSA at Net-A-Porter ruched silk-jersey dress £510
2. Zara gathered dress £35.99
3. Topshop seam waist shift dress £50
4. Michael Kors at Net-A-Porter Stretch-wool crepe dress £865
5. New Look 3/4 sleeve bodycon midi dress £14.99
6. Accessorize lace overlay clutch £25