It is Oscar time and we are getting excited in the office about seeing the dresses and the diamonds and the men in black tie! However, the Oscars is also about the goodie bags (but sadly not for us non-celebs!). Oscar nominees this year will be receiving a massive $80,000 worth of ‘stuff’ including a trip to Las Vegas, a tour of Japan, charitable donations and even $250 worth of maple syrup!!!
It feels a bit unfair. I mean these guys earn millions for every movie they make so they don’t actually NEED free stuff but everyone loves a freebie so who can really blame them?
However, if you aren’t one of the Hollywood elite you can still get the free perks of the A-list. Check this out:
- Instead of getting FREE sessions with an LA Hollywood trainer, go online and do a fitness class. There are LOADS on YouTube like yoga and pilates and Gym Cube and Sleek Technique offer some really cool classes that you can follow along with online. If you have a look then you can ALWAYS find free trial offers too. You can also usually get a FREE day pass to most big gym chains. Check out www.letssavesomemoney.com/1-minute-guide-to-fitness-for-less to find your nearest participating gym
- Rather than employ the services of a hairdresser to the stars, phone up your local hairdresser or beauty salon and ask whether they have any appointments for free – junior stylists and beauty therapists often want someone to practice on so you could be pampered for nothing (you just need a little bit of trust!). Salon Guinea Pig is a fun website that matches you with a FREE salon or hairdresser in your local area too. Easy!
- You might not get the $100 face cream but you can make face packs or body scrubs from the contents of your store cupboard – honey, avocado, sea salt, oats and olive oil are all GREAT ingredients for pampering products
- You might be surprised what people are prepared to give away for free. Check out freecycle or freegle to see if there is something that takes your fancy. We even found a piano last week – now that’s what I call a freebie!
- If you want to do your bit for charity (without someone giving you $6,000 to hand over to a charity of your choice), why not donate to Oxfam and claim Nectar points at the same time with the Tag a Bag scheme where you get 2 points for every £1. What a great excuse to get rid of your old clothes and feel good about yourself too!
Every Friday on my own site I publish my pick of the web’s best free stuff including in the last month free champagne, free meals, free motorbike rides, free massages and free books. Have a look and see what Oscar worthy freebies you can claim too! www.letssavesomemoney.com/freebies