The photos released this week of William, Kate and Prince George are AMAZING! The sun is shining, the smiles are broad, baby George is peacefully asleep and even the dog is sitting nicely!
These pictures have truly captured a moment. They show a young couple happily enjoying the sunshine in the garden with their new son. The look of love and joy is obvious. It isn’t heavily posed, there is no airbrushing and yes, shock horror, Michael Middleton took the photo into the sun. Oh no! Actually who cares? Spending hundreds of pounds on photographs when your baby is a few weeks old is a big old waste of money. I think that candid family snaps are so much more genuine!
Professional photoshoots can be expensive – upwards of several hundred pounds! Whilst it is lovely to have photos of your newborn baby, you might not be feeling camera ready post-birth (I know I wasn’t – still the size of a small country six months later!) and after a few weeks of sleepless nights having a big photo session can feel like a big nightmare. They said that they didn’t want to interrupt their special family time by getting a photographer and these gorgeous snaps are just perfect – natural, happy, quick and they didn’t cost a thing!
When I had each of my babies, my favourite newborn photo was always the one of the baby sleeping soundly all scrunched up face and a bit pink that The Dane took shortly after birth. To some the images might not be taken in the best light or the babies might be a bit crinkly but to me they are perfect!
TOP TIPS FOR TAKING THE BEST PHOTOS
• Take LOADS and delete! You can never have too many ‘perfect’ shots
• Keep the background clutter free
• Use the ‘edit’ button to ‘warm’, crop, zoom in and out and reduce red eye as often as you please
• Keep your camera phone with you at all times to capture the precious moments and download an app like Instagram and let it work its magic
• Remember, it’s not just about the newborn baby it is also about your family. We are 6 and it is not easy to get us together but everytime there’s a chance we get a friend to snap away
• Most importantly, PRINT YOUR PICTURES! Photo books of each year are AMAZING and cheap to create. Calendars, collages and even mouse mats make great presents so look for offers at places like Snapfish, Photobox and Printerpix