After choosing a dress, the perfect wedding cake is the next most important purchase for a girls’ big day. With all eyes on the bride, the cake should be the only thing capable of stealing the limelight. So why not make it a show stopper for all the right reasons with a little help from The Cake Artist.
Sugar craft wizard and baker extraordinaire, Melanie Marley, MD of the Cake Artist, has been waving her magic wand, making couples’ dreams come true for over 20 years. Designs range from the traditional, to more boutique creations dripping in semi-precious stones, and cakes used as a centre piece to set off the most elaborate of themed weddings.
Everything is hand made to bespoke order and no two cakes are ever the same. Melanie works closely with couples from enquiry to delivery, to make their hopes and visions a sugar craft reality to be admired by all.
“Some couples have a clear idea of exactly what they want but with others, it’s a case of working from a blank canvas. Every wedding cake is a collaboration of ideas that go to create a dream that is unique to the couple,” said Melanie.
But where do you begin in choosing a cake? Here are some tips to consider from The Cake Artist:
- How many guests does the cake need to serve? Special dietary requirements?
- Do you want to preserve your top tier for a future celebration? (ie) christening.
- Do you want the cake served as dessert?
- Which flavours are your favourite ‚Äď for cake and filling?
- What is your colour theme, including flowers?
- Is there an overall theme that can be reflected in the cake?
- Which season is the wedding? Date of celebration?
- Type of venue and location?
Was it hard to choose your wedding cake? What design did you go for?
Tags: wedding cake