Well it’s over for another year… But Glastonbury sure was fun! Let’s reminisce…
My top 5
5. Chvrches…This Glaswegian band brought out one of my favourite albums of the year and ‘recover’ is a massive, clever tune. They had a full tent and the atmosphere was buzzing.
4. Kodaline on the Other Stage. All the four seasons seemed to come at once during this set. Their instrumental interlude of ‘dirty old town’ was a big hit with the crowd too, as was ‘high hopes’.
3. Kasabian headlining and closing the weekend. I remember seeing these guys right years ago play the paradise club in Boston. A small but really cool little venue. But they more than owned the pyramid stage. Their cover of Fat Boy Slim’s ‘praise you’ was a nice touch too. As was Tom’s white tux!
2. Festival Fashion: despite the weather you have to embrace the fun you can have dressing up at a festival… Appropriate footwear is important but play around with accessories. Stacking rings from Accessorize and a cute bum-bag (see pic) is a must (or as our American counterparts say Fanny pack)
1. Dolly Parton… and the random man with-the spray painted silver face who put me on his shoulders during her set. Dolly is Queen and her newly created song just for Glasto aptly named ‘mud mud mud’ is our anthem for the weekend.