Rocco’s first smile, baby tips and moving home!
Happy New Year all!
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year.
We had a wonderful Christmas with little Rocco. He was well and truly spoilt by all our friends and family. ¬†The best present Alex and I had was Rocco smiling and making eye contact with us for the first time on Christmas morning ‚Äď it was amazing.
I can’t believe Rocco is already two months old.¬† Watching him develop and change is incredible. ¬†I’ve got some fantastic black and white toys that are brilliant for helping develop his sight and he loves looking at the baby shapes book which a friend bought him. ¬†He has lots of the Lamaze toys, too, which come highly recommended for educational purposes for babies.
It’s fair to say that before Rocco was born I bought a lot of things that I probably didn’t need (as most new parents do). I’ve listed my top 10 items that I would recommend any new parents should invest in…
1. ¬†A lot of white baby grows, vests and muslins.
2. ¬†The Tommee Tippee nappy wrapper bin.
3. ¬†A bath cradle that you can put in the bath to wash your baby. Rocco loves having a bath and he has one every evening before he goes to bed. This has helped to establish a bedtime routine.
4. ¬†The Bugaboo travel bag. ¬†It’s very useful if you are going abroad as you can store the pram as well as lots of other bits you will need if you are travelling. ¬†The airline will put it in oversize baggage.
5. ¬†The Kiddycare car seat that can also lay flat. As far as I know it’s the only one of its kind.
6. ¬†Easydream’s Ewan the Dream Sheep, which replicates the soothing sounds of a pregnant mum’s womb and heartbeat and helps your baby get to sleep
7. ¬†The Chicco Polly Magic chair which can be used for a newborn and will last until they are three years old. ¬†It’s fantastic for keeping a baby high up away from pets.
8. The Gro Egg room temperature thermometer.
9. ¬†A Gro Bag sleeping bag (I find this easier than swaddling).
10. ¬†Tommee Tippee baby monitor.
All of the above items are things that I have genuinely tried and tested.
Alex and I are now living with his parents as our house is a complete building site. ¬†It’s lovely living with them and we are lucky that on both sides our parents are extremely supportive, especially since I have returned to work. too.
Hopefully our house will be ready by May but from previous experience I know building projects often over run. ¬†The house we have bought is being completely rewired and having a new heating system. ¬†We have knocked down a few walls and the main internal structure is now in place. ¬†We are also extending the property so hopefully our planning permission should be through by February.
We are having new windows throughout and we are using a family run company called F & L Windows who I have used previously. I often find that if you can find a small company you like and trust, they can offer some good deals because they don’t have such large overheads. F & L also have a great after sale service.
I’ve found a brilliant company who are making our kitchen for us handmadekitchens-direct.co.uk. ¬†They are extremely competitively priced too and worth looking at.
I should have some great before and after photos of the project which I will of course share with you.
It’s great to see Dancing on Ice back on our screens but it’s sad that¬† it’s the final series. I would love to have been part of it all but instead
I’m out in Austria for a month, taking part in another exciting show. ¬†In my previous blog I mentioned I’m involved in Channel 4′s The Jump and I’m absolutely loving it. I have got about two stone to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight so as well as being an amazing show to be involved with, it is a really great opportunity for me to get back in shape.
My lovely mum is with me helping for the first few weeks then I will be joined by my good friend Cat and then following that my mother-in-law. Alex will of course be joining me in two weeks too and I can’t wait.
Until next time.