Party season is here! At the salon we call it the glamorous season and to help everyone look party perfect this week, we teach you how to recreate the Millie Mackintosh’s red carpet look.
- To create the perfect up do this party season it is really best to have hair that isn’t freshly washed as it will hold better.
- Start by sectioning the hair from the nape of the neck and using a curling tong or wand start curling the hair into soft waves; to get the perfect curl wrap the hair around the tong being sure to keep the end on the wand. For the hair higher up the head only take the curl up to the middle of the hair as the top section needs to remain straight for this look. Continue until all your hair is in loose curls.
- Once all your hair is curled, tip the head forward and brush all your hair. Next throw your hair backwards to create lots of volume!
- Next take inch thick sections and backcomb from the root to about 2inches down starting with hairline going towards the nape of the neck this creates more volume for the up do and gives your hair more grip when you put it up
- Pull your hair back from the face leaving some loose strands at the front to frame the face. Start to pin the hair on the left hand side, using long grips, next pull the hair across from the right hand side and secure with a hair pin.
- Continue to pin the hair, to create there perfect look, wrap the hair around your finger as you pin it. You can make this as neat or messy as you like, to create the Millie Mackintosh look we have kept it loose and soft around the nape of the neck.
- Once you have pinned all your hair, take your curling tongs again and softly re-curl the hair that you have left out of the up-do. The hair at the front should be curled backwards away from the face to frame the face.
- Once you have finished spray with hairspray to keep in place.
- To complete the look we recommend a superstar boyfriend like Professor Green but just in case you can’t find one we also recommend smokey eyes and soft peach coloured lips!
Enjoy your Christmas parties; until next week! La Durbin x