25g bulgur wheat
2 large, ripe vine tomatoes
4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Black olives, chopped tomatoes and Cos lettuce leaves to serve
1) Place the bulgar wheat into a small bowl and cover with 50ml of boiling water. Stir, then set aside for 20 minutes, or until the bulgar wheat has absorbed all of the water.
2) Peel and dice the tomatoes
3) Add the parsley, mint and onion to the tomatoes and mix well until combined.
4) When the bulgar wheat has absorbed all of the water, fluff it using a fork until the grains are separated. Add the bulgar wheat to the tomato mixture.
5) Drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil and season, to taste, with salt. Mix well to coat the ingredients in the liquid.
6) To serve, place the tabbouleh onto a nice large plate and garnish with olives, tomatoes and lettuce leaves