With Christmas nearly upon us, you might be thinking, as I am about how to decorate your Christmas table. I do not go in for fancy decorations, but do like the table to look just right.
Here are my top tips for a lovely Christmas table:
1) Ensure any table cloths and napkins are really well-ironed. I use a professional steam-generating iron to get them just right
2) Make sure your cutlery and glasses are lovely and clean.
3) Some form of table decoration is nice, but less is definitely more. As the table is often rather full, a simple lit candle or two can be lovely, rather than flowers or festive decorations
4) Choose some lovely china. I love this range by Sophie Conran.
As you never know who will be dropping in over Christmas, and where you are likely to go, here are some favourite recipes of mine, to make in industrial quantities over the next couple of days.
- Last-minute Christmas cake. Works perfectly using gluten free flour, too
- Mince pies. I like this pastry recipe – works really well vegan and or gluten free.
- Homemade mincemeat – this recipe uses fresh cranberries and is lovely
- Cranberry sauce