Gluten free Yorkshire Pudding recipe
With the weather being so bad recently, we were in need of some serious gluten free comfort food. Toad in the hole can cheer up a wet and windy evening no end!
Gluten free Yorkshire Pudding
Makes enough for Toad in the hole for two hungry people or enough to serve with a roast dinner for 4 people
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp Doves Farm Gluten Free plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Sunflower oil to cook
1) Add the milk and eggs to a measuring jug and whisk until well combined.
2) Add the flour and salt and whisk
3) Leave the batter to stand for 30 minutes
4) Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200C
5) Take a sold baking tray (15 x 20cm works well here) and pour in enough sunflower oil to just cover the base of the pan (only by 1-2mm or so). Place the tray in the oven for 3 minutes to warm up
6) Pour the batter into the pan with the now hot oil. Add sausages if you are making Toad in the hole. Bake for around 20 minutes until golden. You can alternatively pour them into a tin of your choice to make individual Yorkshire puddings
7) Serve immediately once the Yorkshire pudding is golden and brown.