Love is in the air – Part II
Now, on to something sweet.
As it’s just so cold at the moment, I’ve gone for a lovely fruity, warming pudding to round of my Valentine’s meal. I’ve been playing with some lovely goodies I’ve received from Womersley Foods this week and have come up with these delights for you. Thank you to Rupert for the inspiration behind the rice pudding recipe!
Baked vanilla rice pudding with apple and geranium jelly
Note that this serves 4, but who doesn’t love leftover rice pudding?
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 100g pudding rice
- 1 litre full-cream milk /soya or rice milk
- 1 vanilla pod, cut open lengthways
- Pre-heat the oven to 140C or equivalent
- Place the rice, milk, sugar and vanilla pod in a saucepan and cook for a few minutes. Cook until the rice starts to become
- Bake the pudding in the oven for about 2 hours, until it is cooked and a nice skin has formed on top.
Baked nectarines with strawberry and mint dressing
I allowed two nectarines per person. Simply half the nectarines and remove the stone. Place them skin side down in a baking dish (I use a large Le Creuset dish). Drizzle over about a tablespoon of strawberry and mint dressing and bake for around 30 minutes until soft and sticky.