So, the first recipe in my #whatdoyoumiss campaign. It’s pizza! This recipe is totally foolproof and so tasty. You can even make the dough in advance and freeze it once it’s been left to rise. Just wrap it up, stick it in the freezer and it’s there whenever you fancy a quick pizza for supper. Just give it a good mix once defrosted and continue to follow the recipe. You’ll love it!
– 150g Wheat and gluten free bread flour (A blend of rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour & xanthan gum)
– ¾ tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ tsp sugar
– 1 tsp Sunflower oil
– ½ large free-range egg, beaten
– 75-110 ml lukewarm water
– 7g dried fast action yeast
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F/Gas Mark 6
2) Grease a baking tray with sunflower oil
3) Pour the lukewarm water into a measuring jug, and stir in the sugar and yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4) Sift the flour into a bowl, add the salt and baking powder and make a well in the centre.
5) In a separate bowl, whisk the sunflower oil and egg together until well combined, then pour into the sifted flour with the yeast mix.
6) Mix well for a couple of minutes until the dough until the dough is smooth.
7) Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a clean, damp tea towel or cling film and leave for twenty minutes in a warm place.
8) Transfer the dough onto the baking tray and roll out with a rolling pin. If the dough is too sticky, you can grease two squares of greaseproof paper or sheets of cling film with sunflower oil, place the dough between the sheets of paper and roll out with a rolling pin.
9) Bake the base in the oven for 10 minutes, remove and add your toppings and bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes until toppings are melted and bubbling and the base feels crisp.