Stocking stuffers! These are actually my favourite presents to buy because they are the first and usually some of the best things you open. It’s all about finding something small and perfect!
So here are a few ideas for you this Christmas season…
For Beauty Addicts:
- Skindinavia (don’t you just love the name) Ten Years Younger Makeup finish. Give this to your mum or sister as it’s a rather personal item. It’s absolutely fabulous because it allows your make-up to withstand any conditions for an entire day with only a few sprays. Six hygroscopic moisturisers stop foundation, eye shadow, blush and concealer from flaking or becoming powdery. And it’s a bargain price as well.
- Crème de la Mer lip balm. Made with Crème de la Mer’s original Miracle Broth™ with marine extracts, botanicals and vitamins, this regenerates the delicate skin on your lips. I am putting one of these in every stocking this year as it’s the perfect little jar to keep in your pocket as you ski at Courchevel – you know how the slopes can tear your lips to shreds in just one day. This balm doesn’t have any insane feminine scent so it is perfect for male stocking stuffers as well. Trust me, they will thank you for this!
- For those of you spending your vacation in the sun instead of the snow, I would suggest filling your loved one’s stocking with Alison Raffaele’s Blotting Tissues, which allow you to remove perspiration and excess oil from your skin without altering your concealer or foundation make-up in the slightest. It’s ideal for wiping the sweat from your brow while still looking sultry on the beach, dahling…
- Essie Nail Polish in Mint Candy Apple. This is the hot colour of the season. Need I say more? Just look at the Chanel catwalk…
For the Young at Heart:
- Big Apple Left Right Mittens from Kate Spade. There are so many cute mittens at Kate Spade this season, I can barely contain myself! Run into the store if you are in NYC, or if you’re in London, grab yourself some in one of the major department stores. This really is for the kid in us all. Cute, and they will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Wool and the Gang knitting kit. Runway models knit between shows, celebs do it on long-haul flights and CEOs do it to relax after a hard day’s work. Knitting isn’t just for grannies any more.
- Flip Video camera. I bought one of these last year and took it with me to Fashion Week in September. I had dozens of editors asking me where they could get their own. It’s perfect for recording the shows to rewatch later that night when you’re writing your report. Now I never leave home without it as you never know when it may be needed. This little camera is the size of a compact digital camera but can take up to 60 minutes of high definition video. Ah, I love technology that makes my life easier!
For the Fashionista:
- Louis Vuitton Keys Pouch. Large enough to accommodate change as well as keys, this pouch features vintage printed trunk labels on Vuitton’s iconic monogrammed leather.
- Anya Hindmarch Save Me Leather USB holder. Although this is supposed to hold a USB Key, I use mine on posh luggage to travel. It’s the perfect luggage tag. Just slip in your name and address into the compartment so that whoever finds you bag knows it wants to be saved!
- Gossip Girl DVDs. Even Victoria Beckham is taking notes on the outfits worn on this show. It is said to be the best “styled” TV around. The girl who finds this in her stocking will have hours of enjoyment ahead of her – at least until the new Sex And The City movie is out in cinemas.