Happy New Year!
Happy 2017 all!! Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing Christmas and a fabulous New Year!
For the first time in years I actually rested! It was pure bliss. I’m a self confessed workaholic, so I find it difficult to switch off. The day I finished work, I slept for 12 hours! So I guess I needed some down time. It’s so important to listen to your body. I’ve had the busiest year on record , our wedding, moving house, making an album…
whilst having a full time job on Corrie AND being a mummy!! So this year, I did what I never do… sat on my backside!
Don’t get me wrong, we stayed active in between our ‘lazy days’, but we certainly felt the benefits of sitting around in PJs for a while. Alfie was spoilt rotten- his great grandma (Gran-Gran) bought him a toddler Merc!!
New Years Resolutions! What’s yours? I always have the same resolution- to be happier and healthier than the previous year. But I’ve also got another one this year- Yoga!! For me personally I’m not seeking this for more exercise- but for relaxation. I’ve touched upon Yoga in the past but felt it wasn’t for me, however I’m determined to find the right instructor/form of Yoga to help relax my mind. So I’ll keep you posted on my journey.
It’s January- suddenly every man and his dog are a ‘fitness expert’. I say it every year- be careful! It’s brilliant that you have new health and fitness goals and what better time to start? Just be cautious, there are some great books and DVDs out there but there’s also some really bad ones. Look for qualifications. If it’s a celeb DVD – did they lose their weight in a sensible way or was it all very fast and ‘gimmicky’?? Where are they getting their advice from? Look to people who have sustained a healthy lifestyle for inspiration. For me qualifications are key. In a world filled with faddy diets and quick fix endorsements. Fad diets DON’T work!!! If you’re going to do this then do it properly. This has to be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix!Can’t afford the gym? Not an excuse I’m afraid. There’s LOADS you can do at home. As like last year, be sure to keep an eye on my Instagram/Twitter for tips and videos to help you out. Make this YOUR year. Do you really want to be in the same position in 12 months time saying ‘oh I wish I’d got fit last year’. Only YOU can make the change. You have to do this for yourself, no one else.
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 long, sweet pepper
- Handful sugar snap peas, sliced
- A couple of sprigs of fresh coriander
- Handful of good quality, unsalted cashew nuts, crushed
- 1 large red chilli
- For the dressing:
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp light tahini
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp good quality sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Using a spiraliser, slice your courgette and carrots into a bowl.
- Now thinly slice your pepper and chilli and add to veg ribbons
- Tear in the coriander then throw in your sliced sugar snap peas and spring onions.
- Now put all of your dressing ingredients into a large jar, put the lid on and give it a really good shake.
- Pour over your vegetables, top with a handful of cashew nuts and sesame seeds and top with a few coriander leaves.
- You can add more chili if you like more spice!
- Pan fry some king prawns in sesame oil and garlic, place on top of the pad Thai mixture and enjoy!!