BareMinerals International Make-up Artist Sarah-Jane Froom was responsible for the beauty looks at the Mark Fast Spring/Summer 2014 show and we spoke to her on how to achieve the look at home using bareMinerals.
The Mark Fast collection celebrates the spirit of youth; a beauty look where punk meets gothic chic. The models had dewy skin paired with light, bright eyes and a heavy focus on the lip.
Complexion wise, Sara-Jane said: “For blush I wanted more of a flushed stained look, so I buffed on bareMinerals ready blush in the confession, not too much, just a pop of colour for a flushed effect. This look is all about the lips so I wanted to keep the skin simple and flawless.”
Deep, plum lips are not for the faint of heart! Sarah-Jane said: “This was a really cool lip look to create, we had a lot of fun! The lips were lined with Marvelous Moxie Lipliner in Exhilarated, topped up with Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Lead The Way. This was blotted down, lined and filled with Round The Clock Eyeliner in Midnight to follow Marks gothic inspired creations. We added bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow in Mirage and topped this with Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil. The combination gave a petrol, PVC, oil slick effect.”
Follow these steps to get the catwalk look at home:
- Prep skin with bareMinerals skincare, such as the Purely Nourishing Moisturiser and Prime Time Original Primer
- Follow by building the perfect complexion using bareMinerals Original SPF15 Foundation
- Add bareMinerals READY Bronzer in The High Dive
- Apply bareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer from the lash line to brow, follow by buffing 500 Thread Count from ‘The Dream Sequence’ READY Eyeshadow Quad under the brow bone
- Add two coats of bareMinerals Lash Domination 10-in-1 Volumizing Mascara
- Groom and define Brows with bareMinerals Frame & Define Brow Styler
- Pop the apples of the cheeks with bareMinerals READY Blush in The Confession
- Line the lips with Marvelous Moxie Lipliner in Electrified
- Top up with Marvelous Moxie Lipcolour in Lead The Way
- Buff on Mirage from ‘The Vision’ READY® Eyeshadow Duo over the lips
- Finish with a slick of Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil.
Will you be trying this out?