I am a huge fan of Ojon as their products work so well on curly and Afro hair.
When I read about the new Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner I knew it was something I had to get my hands or should I say hair on. Anyone with Afro hair, but especially those who have treated it with colour or chemicals needs to use this product.
The conditioner contains three butters and seven oils which are known for their nourishing and shine enhancing properties. I like to know what I’m putting on my hair and if you do to, take these ingredients in:
- Ojon Oil penetrates the hair shaft to repair and seal the cuticle and helps to build up hair’s natural resistance to future damage.
- Indian Kokum is rich in essential lipids, is known for its nourishing properties and is traditionally used to hydrate skin and condition hair.
- Brazil Murumuru Butter contains oleic acid that helps retain moisture in skin and hair and gives a healthy shine to damaged or over-processed hair.
- African Shea Butter is high in vitamins A and E and provides essential nutrients that help strengthen and hydrate hair.
- Rouge Oleifera helps protect while reducing flyaways and adding shine and manageability.
- Tahitian Monoi Oil adds shine and protects hair from both heat and environmental factors.
The conditioner itself looks a bit like Cadburys Creme Egg filling; it is a two colour product – the ivory colour is to soften the hair and the amber colour is to nourish, repair and condition.
You can use it daily but I like to use it as a deep conditioning treatment. When I had my hair coloured at Daniel Galvin, the colourist told me there is no such thing as too much conditioner for coloured hair. With that in mind I applied the Rare Blend Deep Conditioner in the morning and washed it out in the evening.
My hair felt amazing afterwards. My tangle teezer glided through my hair with ease and my hair looked, felt and smelled wonderful. I love this product, as anyone with curly or Afro hair knows; shampoo we can be flexible on but when it comes to conditioner we need the good stuff. Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner is the good stuff.
In clinical studies the conditioner reduced friction force and improved ease of combing by 98%. Curly girls will love that statistic!
Ojon Rare Blend Deep Conditioner – £29/150ml