If you’ve eaten your own weight in cheese and chocolate over the last few weeks, your hair, nails and general wellbeing have probably taken a turn for the worse.
I’m using the following products to help me get back on track:
Proskins leggings – from £45
I want to say I’m going to re-join the gym and work out 3-4 times a week but I know that I’m not. Instead I’m going to try and commit to twice weekly workout sessions with my beloved Mari Winsor Pilates DVD and I’m going to wear these Proskins leggings while doing it. These anti-cellulite leggings are made from patented microencapsulated yarn containing Caffeine, Retinol Ceramides, Aloe Vera, Fatty Acids and Vitamin E which help tackle the three major causes of cellulite – blood circulation, fluid retention and lymphatic drainage. Melanie C and Danni Minogue are fans.
To get the maximum benefits you need to wear them 8 hours a day (why not wear them to bed?) for at least 28 days. Tests have shown they leave thighs smoother, firmer and with a reduction of up to 2cm of fat. Yes please.
Dr Murad Pure Skin Clarifying Dietary Supplement – £50 for 30 day supply
Good skin starts from the inside; did you know that topical products reach 20% of your skin, while internal products, like supplements, reach the other 80%? These tablets contain:
Vitamin A – A powerful antioxidant which encourages cell renewal
Yellow Dock and Burdock Root – Boosts immunity and removes blemish-producing toxins
Zinc – Soothes skin and builds up resistance to irritation, making skin look calmer and feel more comfortable.
Take two in the morning and two in the evening for clearer skin.
Aubrey Organics Soap Bars – £5.90
With news of Chanel launching a traditional soap bar version of their iconic Number 5 fragrance it’s not an exaggeration to say the good old bar of soap is having something of resurgence. With two little ones in the house I try and keep their personal hygiene products as natural as possible so I am now using Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta luxurious bath bar. Containing 100% natural ingredients like rosa mosqueta oil to moisturise and improve skin texture and borage oil to nourish soothe and protect, the bar is very moisturising and leaves the skin clean without stripping away natural oils.
InnOrbit ‘Slim & Fit’ Ayurvedic Herb and Spice Infusion – £7.99
I can’t exclude coffee from my diet completely but I’m trying to alternate between coffee and this herbal tea. This Ayurvedic Herb and Spice Infusion contains Garcinia to help suppress appetite the natural way, and Caralluma to burn fat and increase the body’s metabolism naturally. Drink three to four cups a day for at least a week to help your weight loss regime. The tea is 100% fair trade and the makers InnOrbit sponsor the education of daughters from the farming families, guaranteeing their education for ten years.
Bobbi Brown Extra Soothing Balm – £40
This multi-purpose dense balm contains extracts of avocado, geranium and rosemary oils and can be used anywhere extra hydration is needed. I’ve used it on my lips, cuticles and even my heels. It can also be worn on the face; apply lightly over makeup to give cheeks a dewy, healthy glow. Think of it as a less sticky and less fragranced Eight Hour Cream.
Jardins D’EDEN ‘Indulge’ Bath truffles – £15
These bath truffles look and smell good enough to eat (don’t) and contain Rose, Geranium and Palma Rosa essential oils to give you a heavenly bathing experience. Simply drop into running water and let them dissolve to leave your skin silky and moisturised.
REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask – £18
Late nights and rich food play havoc with your skin. This detoxifying French Kaolin clay mask helps reduce the appearance of pore size and leave the skin purified smooth and toned. The clay draws out impurities and absorbs excess sebum from the skin which helps reduce the appearance of pore size and blackheads. The mask is free from parabens, SLS, mineral oil, glycols and synthetic colours and fragrances.
What’s in your January beauty bag?